Posts tagged MN State Fair People Watching
The event on everyone’s mind right now is the Minnesota State Fair. It’s expensive, crowded, dirty, and high cal, so what keeps everyone going back? Well aside from the obvious (FOOD!), here are the top five reasons why my Facebook/Twitter followers LOVE the Nation’s Largest 12 Day Festival!
5. The Haunted House – You know it’s just people dressed up in costume, but you are sure to scream. The Haunted House never seems to get old. Just be sure to keep your hands to yourself… your reflexes can get you kicked out (oops!).
4. The Sky Ride - Errr ski lift or whatever it might be called. It’s a nice opportunity to take a break from the chaos below and take it all in from above. Just be sure to hold on to your belongings because you don’t want to drop anything from up there!
3. DNR Fish Pond – It’s stocked with over 45 species of fish this year. Minnows, and paddle fish, and lake sturgeon, Oh my!
2. Giant Slide – I’ve never tried it, never will, but people really love it. More power to ya!
1. People Watching – Believe it or not, this is the most common reason people said they enjoyed the fair aside from the food. What you observe will make you laugh and cry. Try a little game I heard of once called, “Count the Fanny Packs”… I bet you get into the hundreds!
A few tips to making the fair more enjoyable: Know the layout of the fair - There is a great interactive map that is available this year that will help you keep on course. Share your food – This will help you save a dime here and there, besides you don’t need to eat all the cheese curds yourself. Go early in the morning - Beat the crowds and the heat and find great early bird deals. Stay hydrated, wear comfy shoes and don’t forget to wear sunscreen!